Excerpted from an original article by Dr. John Sullivan
Want to get ahead of the competition in 2013? Then stop doing what everyone else is doing. If you want to be on the leading edge, you need to take a look at what’s coming in the near future and capitalize on it.
28 Recruiting Trends for 2013
1. Mobile will dominate.
2. LinkedIn will become #1 in social media.
3. Online candidate assessment becomes more common.
4. Predictive analytics will replace historical metrics.
5. Recruiting will have to quantify its impact.
6. Data-driven recruiting will spread from Google.
7. Competitive analysis and intelligence gathering roles will be created in HR.
8. Firms will begin “mapping” their future talent pool.
9. Finding innovators will become a top priority.
10. More boomerang hiring as companies go after former top producers.
11. Recruiting will begin to gather intelligence from marketing data.
12. Direct sourcing will become the primary focus.
13. Global diversity will become more imperative.
14. Market research practices will be adapted to recruiting.
15. Remote college recruiting will limit campus visits.
16. Referrals will become the most powerful recruiting tool.
17. College employer branding will come into its own.
18. Recruiting will become more integrated with compensation, development, performance management and succession planning.
19. Recruiting leaders will increasingly prioritize their focus on high-impact business units and key jobs.
20. Referrals will continue to produce highest quality hires.
21. Live video interviewing will become standard.
22. Sustainable business practices will become key to employer branding.
23. Retention will impact recruiting.
24. Candidate “selling” will become increasingly important.
25. Remote work will expand recruiting opportunities.
26. Volatility will necessitate more sophisticated workforce planning.
27. Industry events will make a return as a recruiting resource.
28. Personalized recruiting will continue to grow for high-value targets.
Identifying “next practices” early on gives you time to implement them long before your competitor even finds out about them. I hope this list will stimulate your thinking about what you need to be working on now in order to dominate recruiting in your industry.
Want to know more? Read the full article at http://www.drjohnsullivan.com/articles-mainmenu-27/articles/recruiting-strategy-mainmenu-36/563-next-years-recruiting-headlines-trends-and-next-practices
Dr. John Sullivan is a well-known thought leader in HR. He is a frequent speaker and advisor to Fortune 500 and Silicon Valley firms. Formerly the chief talent officer for Agilent Technologies, he is now a professor of management at San Francisco State University. He was called the “Michael Jordan of Hiring” by Fast Company magazine. Information about his numerous other articles, books and manuals about recruiting and HR can be found online at his website, drjohnsullivan.com